Turn to Me and be saved, all the ends of the earth;
For I am God, and there is no other.
Signs of the End of the World: 12 Prophetic Messages from Padre Pio
There has been a lot of discussion recently about the end times. In lieu of recent world events, many people are asking if this is the end of the world. According to many theologians and biblical scholars, there is good reason for this question as we are indeed experiencing what has been prophesied throughout Scripture — more particularly in the Book of Revelation. So the question then becomes, might we actually bear witness to the time of Jesus’ return? Only the Lord knows for sure (Mk 13:32). But He has given us the gift of prophecy and revelation delivered by the Saints to help prepare, equip and guide us.
One of the most well known Saints in the world is St. Padre Pio. On several different occasions, our Lord communicated with him directly in a variety of ways. In 1959, in a letter addressed to his superior, Pio explained a powerful revelation that our Lord had given him regarding the end times. The letter is quite long so for the sake of this article we will look at only 12 of his specific revelations. As you read them over, think about how they relate to the world in which we live today. One thing is for certain: There is no better time to strengthen your faith than right now...
Are We In The End Times? 12 Prophetic Messages from Saint Padre Pio
1. “The world is walking in ruins. Men have abandoned the right path to venture on roads that end in the desert of violence … If they do not drink from the Source of humility, charity and love, it will be a catastrophe.”
2. “Terrible things will come. I can no longer intercede for men. Divine piety is about to end. Man had been created to love life, and ended up destroying life…”.
3. “When the world was entrusted to man, it was a garden. Man has turned it into an atmosphere full of poisons. Nothing now serves to purify the house of man. A deep work is necessary, which can only come from Heaven.”
4. “Prepare to live three days in total darkness. These three days are very close … And in these days they will remain as dead without eating or drinking. Then the light will return. But many will be the men who will not see it (the Light) anymore.”
5. “Many people will escape scared. They will run without a goal. [People] will say that there is salvation to the east, and people will run to the east; but they will fall on a cliff. They will say that to the west there is salvation, and people will run to the west; but they will fall into a furnace.”
6. “The earth will tremble and the panic will be great … The Earth is sick. The earthquake will be like a snake: they will feel it crawling everywhere. And many stones will fall. And many men will perish.”
7. “You are like ants, because the time will come when men will take their eyes off [of that which is Godly] for a crumb of bread. Businesses will be looted, warehouses will be taken in assault and destroyed. [A] poor [person] will be one who, in those dark days, will be without a candle, without a jug of water and without what is necessary for three months.”
8. “A land will disappear … a great land. A country will be erased forever from geographical maps … and with it, history, wealth, and men will be dragged into the mud.”
9. “The love of man for man has become an empty word. How can you expect Jesus to love you if you do not even love those who eat at your own table? … Of the wrath of God, men of science will not be forgiven, but [only] men of heart.”
10. “I am desperate … I do not know what to do for humanity to repent. If you continue on this path, the tremendous wrath of God will be unleashed like a tremendous thunderbolt.”
11. “A meteorite will fall on the earth and everything will shine. It will be a disaster, much worse than a war. Many things will be cancelled. And this will be one of the signs.”
12. “Men will live a tragic experience. Many will be overwhelmed by the river, many will be burned by fire, many will be buried by poisons … But I will stay close to the pure of heart.”
*For the entirety of Padre Pio’s letter, please see Renzo Baschera’s I grandi profeti
In addition to the prophecy above, prayerfully meditate on 2 Peter 3:2-13. Be attentive to the times we are now living in, but be most attentive to your relationship with Jesus Christ and the Gospel. We are told empathically throughout Scripture that Jesus will come like a thief in the night … and we best be ready (2 Peter 3:10; Revelation 16:15; Matthew 24:43; 1 Thessalonians 5:2, 5:4).
Padre Pio — also known as ‘Saint Pio of Pietrelcina’ — was an Italian friar, priest, stigmatist and mystic, now venerated as a Saint in the Catholic Church. Born into a devout Roman Catholic family, Pio consecrated himself to Jesus at the young age of 5.
0 comments on “Signs of the End of the World: 12 Prophetic Messages from Padre Pio”