Powerful Prayers to the Sacred Heart of Jesus
The Sacred Heart of Jesus prayer(s) were given to us by Jesus Christ Himself. Thus, these prayers are some of the most powerful in existence this side of Heaven. The truth is, we can never pray enough or know too many prayers. As Scripture exhorts: “Pray unceasingly…” (1 Thess. 5:17); “…in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests…” (Eph. 6:18); “When you call Me, and come and pray to Me, I will listen to you” (Jer. 29:12). Moreover, and as the expression goes, “Humble prayer is the key to Heaven; while faith will open the door.”
Prayer to the Sacred Heart of Jesus
O most Holy Heart of Jesus, fountain of every blessing,
I adore Thee, I love Thee, and with a lively sorrow for my sins,
I offer Thee this poor heart of mine.
Make me humble, patient, pure and wholly obedient to Thy will.
Grant, good Jesus, that I may live in Thee and for Thee.
Protect me in the midst of danger;
comfort me in my afflictions;
give me health of body, assistance in my temporal needs,
Thy blessing on all that I do, and the grace of a holy death.
Within Thy Heart I place my every care.
In every need let me come to Thee with humble trust saying,
‘Heart of Jesus, help me.’
The Invocations to the Sacred Heart
Merciful Jesus, I consecrate myself today and always
to Thy Most Sacred heart;
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, I implore
that I may ever love Thee more and more;
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, I trust in Thee;
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy on us.
Sacred Heart of Jesus, I believe in Thy love for me;
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.
Sacred Heart of Jesus, Thy Kingdom Come.
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, convert sinners, save the dying,
and deliver the Holy Souls from purgatory.
The 12 Promises of the Sacred Heart given to St. Margaret from Jesus
- I [Jesus] will give them all the graces necessary for their state of life;
- I will give peace in their families;
- I will console them in all their troubles;
- I will be their refuge in life and especially in death;
- I will abundantly bless all their undertakings;
- Sinners shall find in My Heart the source and infinite ocean of mercy;
- Tepid souls shall become fervent;
- Fervent souls shall rise speedily to great perfection;
- I will bless those places wherein the image of My Sacred Heart shall be exposed and venerated;
- I will give to priests the power to touch the most hardened hearts;
- Persons who propagate this devotion shall have their names eternally written in My Heart;
- In the excess of the mercy of My Heart, I promise you that My all powerful love will grant to all those who will receive Communion on the First Fridays, for nine consecutive months, the grace of final repentance: they will not die in My displeasure, nor without receiving the sacraments; and My Heart will be their secure refuge in that final hour.